About Julia E. Adams-Brown
When it comes to developing Urban Theater Markets, Audiences, Routing, Tours and Mounting Productions, no star shines brighter than native Miamian and Veteran Business woman, Julia E. Brown. Just ask Tyler Perry, David Talbert, Michael Matthews, Laterras Whitfield, Angela Barrow-Dunlap and Je’caryous Johnson, acclaimed playwrights and producers who have grossed millions of dollars and have each had productions touched by the hands of Julia E. Brown and JEBA Enterprises (Julia E. Brown & Associates). Brown has earned the respect of many industry producers and mega stars. With her extraordinary success in the area of Urban Theater, many entertainment companies have solicited her expertise for successful runs of their events in nationwide. Included in these productions and entertainment mega stars are such notables as Alvin Ailey Dance Company, The Color Purple, Drumline, The Miami Heat, The Heights, RAWH, Celia Cruz, Mahalia, August Wilson’s-Fences, Driving Ms. Daisy, Liberty, Iyanla Vanzant, Jazz Roots, UniverSoul Circus and American Fantasy and many more. Her success is contributed in large to Brown’s developed formula and a strategy that crosses generational, cultural, and genre lines.
Ms. Brown’s passion for the arts prompted her to launch a career in the entertainment business after she retired from a successful career as Developing Manager and Director of Billing Systems at MHHNPES Federal Credit Union at the Miami Heart Institute over 25 years ago. Brown began her entertainment career as founder of the Urban TV and Radio News Magazine, the only African American TV Guide, authenticated by CBS, NBC, and ABC.
Brown also held the position of Vice-President for Southern Sound Records with her late son, Thomas Brown III who was a producer, writer, arranger and trumpet player extraordinaire. Other notable positions include:
- A Dade PARTNER – a program designed to make discounted tickets available to cultural events for socially and economically disadvantaged students;
- ARTEC Advisory Board Member-Dade County – For her work as Cultural Arts Tickets Facilitator for Dade County Public Schools, she has received many accolades for her unrelenting dedication to the arts, including;
- Outstanding Women in Media Award –Phi Lambda Sorority Inc., Epsilon Nu Chapter (1993);
- City of Miami Gardens Unsung Hero Award (2003);
- Western Perrine CDC outstanding Service Award (2005);
- Florida Memorial University Outstanding Woman of the Year Award (2006);
- Miami Dade Sports Educational Optimist Club-Community Activist Award (2006)
- Who’s is Who in Black South Florida (2007);
- The Glynn Jackson Agency – Marketing Excellence Award (2007);
- City of Miramar URBAN Theater Festival – Proclamation (2008);
- InFocus Magazine – Featured Story -(2009);
Page 2 of 2
Julia E. Adams-Brown Biography
- 5000 Role Models of Excellence -Community Support -Educating using the Arts Award (2009); and
- IOTA PHILAMBDA SORORITY – Outstanding Community Service Award (2009);
Brown’s accomplishments do not stop there, a sharp and innovative business woman, she has implemented Ticketing Systems through Ticketmaster at many venues including: Broward County, Broward Performing Arts Center; Sunrise Musical Theater, Palm Beach County, Kravis Theater, Miramar Cultural Center, Adrienne Arsht Performing Arts Center, Barbara B. Mann Theater, Ft. Pierce Civic Center, Florida Performing Arts Theater, Lakeland Civic Center and the National HBCU Scholarship.
Since her humble beginnings, Julia’s enterprises have expanded to specialized areas catering to the needs for her many local and high profile clients. Along with its network partners, JEBA has developed and provided services for more than 100,000 patrons across South Florida, nationally and internationally.
As Founder and CEO of JEBA Enterprises, and labeled as a “PR Giant” by the Miami New Times (August 3, 2006), along with her partner and President of JEBA Enterprises, Ed Haynes (appointed 2004), their family of companies are comprised of the following:
- JEBA Entertainment Group Inc. –Ticket sales, event production, management and promotions.
- JEBA Media Group Inc.-Public relations, media buys and consulting.
- Urban Theatre and Entertainment Magazine, Inc. (UTEM) –Annual awards show, data collection solutions, and magazine publishers.
- The Julia E. Brown Theatrical Association, Inc. –Special project and scholarship fund, educational arts programming, theater workshop series, theatrical company productions and ticket donor program. (This association was conceived to preserve the memory and legacy of her late son, Thomas Brown III).
- Urban Theater and Entertainment Festival Awards (Co-Founder/COO) – Recognizes achievements of African Americans in theater and entertainment.
Adding to her outstanding and incredible accomplishments with her multi-faceted enterprise, she wears many hats adding the title of “Author.” This began with the release of the first edition of The Urban Theatre and Entertainment Group Sales Manual, “The Art of Developing Your Own Audience” 2005, (co-written by Ed Haynes, foreword by Malik Yoba, veteran actor, businessman, and author). Brown states, “With the amount of experience I have gained over the past 20 years, writing a book just seemed natural”. “Julia will bring you and your production to life”, boasts Malik Yoba, renowned actor. The 2nd Edition of “The Art of Developing Your Own Audience”, is currently in production and in high demand after the successful release of the 1st Edition.
Julia E. Brown is a highly respected and sought among celebrities and national producers alike. Some of her most notable past and present clients include: Patti Labelle, Tyler Perry, Bishop T.D. Jakes, Maya